Vision: Promoting Christian Classical Homeschool Education and equipping families to implement it well.
Mission: Improving the access to and quality of Christian Classical Homeschool Education for families in Tennessee through providing services and resources, encouragement and community.
Values: Integrity, hard work, respect, excellence, community
- Christian Classical Education is the most effective type of education because it;
- places God at the center of learning,
- relies on a community of like-minded believers to nurture an environment of grace and excellence,
- applies the classical model which aims to teach students how to think, and
- establishes the purpose of knowledge in the service of God
- Homeschooling produces
- strongly connected and well-educated families,
- responsible disciples that have a context for their faith,
- excellent students with quality of character
- highly motivated and creative problem solvers
- grounded leaders for the next generation
- Quality Education requires
- a biblical worldview
- a commitment by parents to guide a child’s education
- a community to nurture grace and excellence
- a challenge to which the students are allowed to rise
WHO WE ARE:
Cumberland Christian Academy is a ministry of Knoxville First Cumberland Presbyterian Church. We start with the premise that the only true education is a Christian education. This premise is based on the fact that only Christian education deals with all the dimensions of life as viewed from a Biblical perspective.
In order for an educational program to be academically sound and instructionally effective, it must be founded upon Christian education principles that recognize the true nature of God, of truth, of knowledge, and of man.
We emphasize the cultivation of wisdom and virtue using the classical method of the arts of the trivium.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Promoting Christian Classical Homeschool Education and equipping families to implement it well.
Improving the access to and quality of Christian Classical Homeschool Education for families in Tennessee through providing services and resources, encouragement and community.